The mission of Newington Forest Elementary School is:
- To deliver the highest quality instruction, accepting that all students can learn regardless of their background. All students should and will achieve.
- To promote strong character and respect among every student–no exceptions.
- To accept our responsibility to partner with families to promote student success.
- To support school staff in their pursuit of professional growth.
- To constantly evaluate our achievements in meeting our goals and to work for constant improvement.
FCPS School Profile
The community of learners of Newington Forest Elementary School envisions a diverse community of learners working together to achieve their limitless potential as moral, conscientious citizens.
- Students will develop an awareness of community resources and how they can make a difference within that community.
- Students will develop a sense of purpose and an awareness of societal responsibility.
- Students will be sensitive to individual differences.
- Students will accept diversity.
- Students, parents, and staff will collaboratively be accountable for high achievement in the classroom and within the community.
Newington Forest Staff
The Newington Forest School community recognizes that all students can learn. We will engage in on-going assessment to monitor learning. We will remediate and challenge all students using a variety of strategies, programs, resources and best instructional practices. We will work collaboratively to set and maintain high expectations and offer a challenging, stimulating curriculum.
- All students can learn.
- The partnership between family, community, and school is essential to our success.
- In remediating and challenging all students using research-based best instructional practices.
- Technology plays a key role in preparing children for twenty-first-century learning.
- Individual needs of each child are recognized and met through differentiation.
- Students should be safe, responsible, and respectful.
- In helping students to recognize their talents and to make positive contributions to society.
What's for Breakfast Today?
What's for Lunch Today?
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.